History and background
The Grail in Sweden started informally as a group in the early 1990s. In 1998, the Swedish Grail was formally accepted as a full member of the international Grail. The Swedish Grail was the first non-catholic Grail national group, even though there are many individual members of other denominations in other Grail countries. Most of us in the Swedish Grail belong to the Lutheran Church of Sweden, but some belong to other protestant denominations.
We are an association according to the Swedish rules for associations. According to our statutes, the purpose of our association is:
- to support the personal growth and development of women
- to encourage the participation of women in the shaping of society
- to foster international and intercultural co-operation between women
- to deepen and renew the expressions of the Christian faith
- to work to realize the vision of the international Grail from the perspective of the needs in our society
- to also in other respects work in accordance with the aims of the international Grail.
contact: kerstin dot Jacobsson at yahoo dot com